- Number of Rooms:
- Meal Plan: CP (complimentary breakfast)
- Organic farming fields
The Resort overlooks a beautiful valley of rich terraced paddy fields bounded by forest covered hills.Guests can expand their palate through their farm & forest-to-table traditional cuisine or enjoy their favourites prepared to perfection by the chefs. Guest can also enjoy the amenities of a sister establishment, which includes a swimming pool, spa, yoga rooms and much more.The Resort owns its own Vehicles, trekking and camping equipment, mountain bikes and fishing equipment.
Discover the beauty of Sikkim and enjoy the unparalleled hospitality that is a hallmark of Sikkimese culture.
About the Location
Martam is a scenic Himalayan hamlet, tucked away in a quiet corner of East Sikkim. It is known for its breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys and exotic array of flora and fauna. If you are a true nature lover and nurture an appetite for adventure, then this pristine village is your ideal holiday destination. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Martam Village offers a calm and quite refuge to the tourists.
How to Reach
Nearest Airport -Bagdogra (120 kms)
Nearest Railway Station – Darjeeling (93 kms), Kurseong (109 kms), Siliguri (110 kms)
Rumtek Monastery (12 kms) Gangtok (34 kms)
The resort can be reached via Rumtek monastery if you are coming from Gangtok, the other way to reach Martam is to travel to Singtam and from there going to Martam via Sirwani and Sang. If you are travelling to Martam from west or south Sikkim, you would probably take the second route.
Things to Do
- Rumtek Monastery
- The most popular destinations near Martam are the Rumtek and Sang monasteries. You can visit the Rumtek Monastery, located around 12 km from Martam. There is also the Nehru Botanical Park, near the monastery. Then you can also visit the Sang Monastery, located in a village town called Sang, 6 km away from the resort.
- Day Trek to Fambong Lho Wild Life Sanctuary
- Guests can enjoy a day-trek into the Fambong Lho Wild Life Sanctuary along the forest area of the village featuring varieties of trees and vegetation. While trekking, you can savor the sight of some beautiful birds, butterflies and some wildlife, which include monkeys, barking deer, caveats, pheasants, mountain goats, wild rabbits, porcupine and more. There is also a lake and a viewing tower on the hilltop offering a majestic view of the Kanchenjunga range. After leaving the forest, you can walk along the Bhutia villages and visit the local monastery.
- Village tour and Birding
- Interested guests can take a tour around the village getting an opportunity to meet, interact with the villagers and experience the traditional farming and cultivation. Local guides are available to guide the guests through the village, showing them the flora and fauna in the village and the farming techniques. Birding is another activity which will keep the guests engaged. The proximity to the forest ensures a lot of birding opportunity.
- Day trip to Gangtok, Temi Tea Garden
- Guests can easily take a day trip to Gangtok, Temi Tea Garden and be back at the Retreat to enjoy the most delicious dinner prepared by expert chefs and to the comforts of the spacious rooms.
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry.
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the homestay.
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment.
Full payment for the homestay needs to made 7 days prior to the arrival date.
All requests for cancellation has to be sent in writing through email to : email@example.com.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation before 7 Days of Check-In, they will receive 90% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation between 7 to 2 Days of Check-In, they will receive 50% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation within 1 Days of Check-In, there will be no refund.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days.
After you make an initial payment, an automated message will come to your registered email id with the confirmation.
Yes, you can customize your holiday package. Please write the details in the send enquiry form and we will get in touch with you. We will help you design the best package for you based on your requirements.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support number (+91 9734813101, +91 7031272572) between 9 am to 8 pm on all days. We will make changes accordingly if it is possible.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.
Yes, OurGuest provides information about the best destinations in Sikkim and North East India. Please write to us in our Contact page and our team will get in touch with to help you choose the best places.
Yes, we help in getting travel permits for our guests.
OurGuest mainly provides homestays, resorts, retreats and farmstays as our accommodation option. We believe our guests will enjoy their holidays better in these places vis-a-vis commercial hotels. We provide standard and premium stay arrangements depending upon your choice of package. If the guest wants to stay in a commercial hotel, we can likewise provide commercial hotel accommodation too.
Yes, OurGuest provides short weekend getaways as well as long tours. All our tours on the site are customizable and we can tailor it according to your requirements. Please check the tour package you like and mention your requirements in the send enquiry form. We will accordingly get in touch with you to help you design the tour package that suits you.
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
Please browse through the Homestay page in our website and choose the one you like. Press send enquiry and enter the form details. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.