- Number of Rooms:
- Meal Plan: MAP (complimentary breakfast and dinner)
- Rooms with attached bathroom
- Private View Point
The exceptional services combined with traditional features make this hotel an ideal destination for nature lovers. The hotel has all the amenities and facilities ranging from parking, library, fire place and one can enjoy their stay experiencing a famous lake called Lampokhari. The rooms are well furnished with a seating area and a private balcony to relinquish oneself on the lap of the nature.
About the Location
Aritar is located in East Sikkim (India) under Rongli Sub-Division and is known for its natural and landscaped beauty. It is 3 hrs. (60km) form Gangtok and 2 hours drive from Rongpo. Aritar Lake (a.k.a. Lampokhari) is a newly developed tourist destination, where, for the first time in Sikkim, the boating facilities have been introduced. The Aritar Lake (Ghati-Tso) is a nearby attraction, as are traditional villages and monasteries.Being only 65 kms from Gangtok and three and half hours drive from NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport, it is an ideal mid way stop while touring Sikkim.
How to Reach
It is only 65 kms from Gangtok and three and half hours drive from NJP Station/ Bagdogra Airport
Places of Interest
- Lampokhari Lake: It is one of the oldest natural lakes in Sikkim and recently it was artificially constructed to facilitate boating for the tourists. It is the only lake with boating facility in Sikkim. It is 350 mtr. long and 75 mtr. wide and looks like a human foot.
- Dak Bunglow : Popularly known as Ari-Bangla it is an old British built bunglow built by Sir James Claude White (first political officer of Sikkim during British rule in India) in the year 1895. At the same premises Sikkim’s first treasury was built as well as Sikkim Police was raised and the first outpost started functioning in the year 1897.
- Aritar Gumpa : A monastery of the Kagyuapa order, considered as one of the holiest and oldest in Sikkim. The visitor’s can imbibe the tranquil air with splendor of monastic arts reflected in its traditional architecture, carved & painted murals and treasure of manuscripts and icons. The traditional architecture carved and painted murals, rare manuscript and artifacts kept in the monastery are worth seeing.
- Mankhim Dara : This is a hill-top near Aritar lake from where we get to see a nice view of the lake. “Mankhim”, a Temple of the Rai of Nepali origin is located at a height of 6500 ft at “Maity Village” (Kheselakha) . Here the Rai community assembles twice every year for the celebration of Sakew, a day fixed for worship (usually falling in the months of April or May). In the Nepali language this worship is called Ubhowli. Mankhim offers a panoramic view of Mt. Kanchenjungha and the emerald green Lampokhri Lake at the same time.
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry.
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the homestay.
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment.
Full payment for the homestay needs to made 7 days prior to the arrival date.
All requests for cancellation has to be sent in writing through email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation before 7 Days of Check-In, they will receive 90% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation between 7 to 2 Days of Check-In, they will receive 50% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation within 1 Days of Check-In, there will be no refund.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days.
Write to us at email@example.com or call our support number (+91 9734813101, +91 7031272572) between 9 am to 8 pm on all days. We will make changes accordingly if it is possible.
Ourguest.in provides readymade packages on its site. Just browse through the packages, choose the one you like, press send enquiry and enter your itinerary details like date of journey, number of persons and click submit. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.
Yes, OurGuest provides short weekend getaways as well as long tours. All our tours on the site are customizable and we can tailor it according to your requirements. Please check the tour package you like and mention your requirements in the send enquiry form. We will accordingly get in touch with you to help you design the tour package that suits you.
OurGuest mainly provides homestays, resorts, retreats and farmstays as our accommodation option. We believe our guests will enjoy their holidays better in these places vis-a-vis commercial hotels. We provide standard and premium stay arrangements depending upon your choice of package. If the guest wants to stay in a commercial hotel, we can likewise provide commercial hotel accommodation too.
After you make an initial payment, an automated message will come to your registered email id with the confirmation.
No. We are really sorry but currently we do not provide flight or train booking facilities
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
Yes, OurGuest provides information about the best destinations in Sikkim and North East India. Please write to us in our Contact page and our team will get in touch with to help you choose the best places.
For tour package cancellations, please check the cancellation policy in the tour page. If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee. For Homestay cancellations, we provide full refund minus service charge (Rs 500) if the cancellation is made before 30 days of scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled arrival, the cancellation policy will be as per the respective property cancellation policies. We will provide you these details via email before you book with us.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.