This stunningly beautiful Farmhouse is an actively managed working farm in West Sikkim. It has simply the nicest family running the place.They have owned the Homestay for over a century and are of old Sikkimese lineage and descent.The main house is a work of Art and Ancient Architecture. The rooms are super clean,well appointed and have a simple luxuriousness about them. Each cottage is furnished with a room, an attached bathroom, balcony and a garden.The food is simple,local sourced from their own farms,home cooked by the family and made on special wood fire stoves,and is absolutely delicious.
Their customer is not the attention deficit, chaotic traveller. The idyllic environs of this enchanting farmhouse are for the seeking, knowing traveller, someone who understands the value of what it represents and stands for in changing times.
There’s simply nothing like having breakfast on their outdoors patio with fresh milk and a view of the mountain. The farmhouse also has a pool, a bar and a unique Spa room where the guests can experience an amazing traditional Sikkimese ‘Hot Stone’ baths made by their on site herbalist.The present generation of the family has converted the ancestral property to a modern resort. It is their cherished dream to extend their hospitality and share their culture with the world. In keeping with the family tradition, the welfare of the surrounding village is deeply ingrained and efforts are made to operate a viable resort and farm to maximize a collective economic potential. Villagers are encouraged to provide auxiliary services and their family members are on staff at the resort.
About the Location
The small pristine hamlet of Mangalbaray is located 119 kms from Gangtok in West Sikkim. Nestled amidst scenic landscapes bordered with lofty mountains, it offers a breathtaking view of Mt. Kanchenjungha. The place is located close to Pelling and the tourists can visit the regular sightseeing options of Pelling from here.
How to Reach
Things to do
- Trek to Lheuntse Monastery and get a panoramic view of the range
- Visit Arzing’s Farm ~ a must see, must visit farm across the hill
- Spa : Reconnect with yourself @ the authentic traditional Menchu spa
- Swimming with music : Lounge by Oongko, the swimming pool with music of your choice adjoining the traditional shack bar
- Gym : Use the gym facilities available
- Learn local culinary skills at the farmhouse.
- Discover Sikkim over Seychhang (a traditionally prepared organic millet beer prepared at the farm).
- Village walk and partaking in the local village day to day activities.
- Angling & Picnic by the riverside.
- Performance by local artists (on request).
- Longevity Puja by local monks/bongthing/shamin (on request)
- Experience “Haat”, the local village economy – every Sunday at Mangalbarey Bazaar.