- Number of Rooms: 2
- Meal Plan: CP (complimentary breakfast)
- Rooms with attached bathroom
North Sikkim is a difficult terrain and when you are visiting it in the winter season, it becomes more difficult with subzero temperature ,sparse population and basic amenities. Even then, the hospitable hosts gives good service and food to its guests and ensures a comfortable stay in harsh weather conditions.
About your host:
A cheerful couple, Pema and his wife enjoy one of the best locations perched on top of a hill overlooking the picturesque Lachung Valley. They are both enterprising and are excited to have finally entered the travel industry.
Fun fact: Pema’s wife … makes a mean local wine from wild blue berries that grow a plenty here.
About the Location
Lachung is a picturesque mountain village, at a height of 9600 ft, embraced by snow capped mountain peaks, breathtaking waterfalls, sparkling streams and apple orchards.Sprawled across the banks of the Lachung Chu [river] which slices the village in two, Lachung is famous for its apples, peaches and apricots. At Lachung you can visit the Lachung Gompa, built around 1880, the monastery is situated amidst apple orchards across the river from the town centre. The handicraft centre is also a must visit place where guests can get exquisitely woven rugs and blankets.
How to Reach
Lachung is nearly 194 km away from the nearest airport, Bagdogra Airport (IXB) and 191 kms from the nearest railway station (NJP). It is best to halt one night at Gangtok and travel to Lachung the next day. Gangtok (113 km) is well connected to Lachung with road transport facility. You can get taxi, jeeps, and buses to reach Lachung.
Places of Interest
- Yumesamdong (Zero Point), situated at an altitude of 15,300 ft, is a nature personified place where you can get the most magnificent view. People can see majestic snow covered Himalayan peaks and beautiful flowers in this place. An hour’s drive beyond Yumthang (26 kms), takes one to Yumesamdong. The way leading to Yumesamdong is a passage through natural grandeur filled with the delicate scent of Azalea flowers pervading the atmosphere.
- Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary is another splendid tourist attraction which has more than 24 different species of rhododendron shrubs. A variety of flora is found at the place which includes Poppies, Rhododendrons, Primulas, Saxifrages, Gentians, Iris and much more. It is the home of spotted lingsang and tiger.
- Lachung Gompa – At Lachung you can visit the Lachung Gompa, built around 1880, the monastery is situated amidst apple orchards across the river from the town centre.Lachung Gompa is one of the most picturesque gompas (Buddhist temples) in Sikkim. It is a short 30 minute walk uphill from the center of the settlement and the amazing backdrop of snow-capped peaks makes this a worthwhile stroll.
- The most popular of all the hot springs in Sikkim is the one situated at the picturesque Yumthang village in North Sikkim. It is known as Yumthang Tsachu in the native language. Yumthang hot spring is perched at an altitude of over 11,800 feet above the sea level. Lying close to the course of Lachung river, this hot water spring can be accessed after a short walk of 5 minutes from the Yumthang village. A pedestrian pathway that goes through a small bridge over the Lachung river leads you to this magical pool of hot waters.
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry.
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the homestay.
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment.
Full payment for the homestay needs to made 7 days prior to the arrival date.
All requests for cancellation has to be sent in writing through email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation before 7 Days of Check-In, they will receive 90% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation between 7 to 2 Days of Check-In, they will receive 50% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation within 1 Days of Check-In, there will be no refund.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days.
For tour package cancellations, please check the cancellation policy in the tour page. If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee. For Homestay cancellations, we provide full refund minus service charge (Rs 500) if the cancellation is made before 30 days of scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled arrival, the cancellation policy will be as per the respective property cancellation policies. We will provide you these details via email before you book with us.
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
Write to us at email@example.com or call our support number (+91 9734813101, +91 7031272572) between 9 am to 8 pm on all days. We will make changes accordingly if it is possible.
Yes, we help in getting travel permits for our guests.
After you make an initial payment, an automated message will come to your registered email id with the confirmation.
No. We are really sorry but currently we do not provide flight or train booking facilities
Ourguest.in provides readymade packages on its site. Just browse through the packages, choose the one you like, press send enquiry and enter your itinerary details like date of journey, number of persons and click submit. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.
Yes, you can customize your holiday package. Please write the details in the send enquiry form and we will get in touch with you. We will help you design the best package for you based on your requirements.
Please browse through the Homestay page in our website and choose the one you like. Press send enquiry and enter the form details. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.