- Number of Rooms: 5
- Meal Plan: CP (complimentary breakfast)
- Rooms with attached bathroom
- Kitchen Garden
About the Location
Gangtok has been one of the favourite holiday destinations for tourists in search of peace and tranquility. The capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok is located on a ridge at a height of 5500 feet. With a spectacular view of the Khangchendzonga, the town provides the perfect base for travel through the state. Once an important transit point for traders traveling between Tibet and India, it is today a busy administrative and business centre and presents an interesting mix of cultures and communities. Gangtok is a cosmopolitan town which offers the tourist all possible amenities alongwith a vibrant culture, all of which makes this town a must visit tourist destination.
How to Reach
Gangtok connects to most of the airports in India through Bagdogra Airport near Siliguri. It is the nearest airport and is situated at a distance of 124 km from Gangtok. There are regular flights from cities like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbaai and Guwahati to Gangtok.
New Jalpaiguri, near Siliguri, is the nearest railway station and is located 148 km away from Gangtok.
Gangtok shares good roadway connectivity with most of the cities in Sikkim and the nearby states. Numerous buses ply almost daily from Siliguri to Gangtok.
Places of Interest
- Rumtek Monastery is the largest monastery in Sikkim and is the seat of the Karmapa Lama, the third highest monk in Tibetan Buddhism. Located about 23 km from Gangtok, the monastery was built by the fourth King of Sikkim under the supervision of the ninth Karmapa (head of the Karma Kagyu sect). At an elevation of almost 5000 ft and surrounded by lush green landscape, the monastery is a visual treat besides offering spiritual solace.
- Tsangu Lake : Tsangu Lake or Changu lake is an ethereally beautiful glacial lake located at an elevation of 12,313 ft and around 40 km from the Gangtok.The lake remains frozen and covered with snow during the winter and the snow melts in the summer to form the placid lake. During spring, the flowers bloom at the periphery adding color to it.
- Gangtok Local Sightseeing: Tsuklakhang Royal Chapel on the Palace Compound is now home to over 70 younger monks preparing for their higher education in Nyingma Buddhist studies.
- Do-Drul Chorten Stupa: This huge stupa or monument is located at a short walking distance from the Research Institute of Tibetology and on a hillock in Deorali, Gangtok.The Chorten Stupa is marked by a golden top dome. Do-Drul Chorten is regarded as one of the most important Chortens of Sikkim.
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry.
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the homestay.
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment.
Full payment for the homestay needs to made 7 days prior to the arrival date.
All requests for cancellation has to be sent in writing through email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation before 7 Days of Check-In, they will receive 90% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation between 7 to 2 Days of Check-In, they will receive 50% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation within 1 Days of Check-In, there will be no refund.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days.
Yes, we help in getting travel permits for our guests.
Yes, OurGuest provides information about the best destinations in Sikkim and North East India. Please write to us in our Contact page and our team will get in touch with to help you choose the best places.
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
OurGuest mainly provides homestays, resorts, retreats and farmstays as our accommodation option. We believe our guests will enjoy their holidays better in these places vis-a-vis commercial hotels. We provide standard and premium stay arrangements depending upon your choice of package. If the guest wants to stay in a commercial hotel, we can likewise provide commercial hotel accommodation too.
Yes, OurGuest provides short weekend getaways as well as long tours. All our tours on the site are customizable and we can tailor it according to your requirements. Please check the tour package you like and mention your requirements in the send enquiry form. We will accordingly get in touch with you to help you design the tour package that suits you.
For tour package cancellations, please check the cancellation policy in the tour page. If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee. For Homestay cancellations, we provide full refund minus service charge (Rs 500) if the cancellation is made before 30 days of scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled arrival, the cancellation policy will be as per the respective property cancellation policies. We will provide you these details via email before you book with us.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.
Yes, you can customize your holiday package. Please write the details in the send enquiry form and we will get in touch with you. We will help you design the best package for you based on your requirements.
After you make an initial payment, an automated message will come to your registered email id with the confirmation.
No. We are really sorry but currently we do not provide flight or train booking facilities