A home away from home, you will quickly feel like a family member with your warm hosts and friendly staff and not to mention, Pyro the dog!
The homestay has three well appointed guest rooms:
- Master Guest Room – This room is in a private wing of the main house. A bright airy room, it has large sliding windows which overlook the compound on one side and their strawberry hillside on the other. It can also accommodate an additional single child bed if required.
- Junior Guest Room – This is a smaller room that adjoins the master guest room in the private wing. Depending on availability at the time, guests with children can also request for a ‘family suite package’, which will combine this room along with the master guest room.
- Annexe Guest Room – This quaint room adjoins our front lawns and is separate from the main house.
All the rooms have attached bathrooms and availability of WiFi. Guests can lounge and read in the drawing room and watch TV in the family room.
If you are looking to have a unique and memorable experience in Himalayan hospitality and fine dining, this Homestay perched in the quiet hills of Kalimpong believes there is a bit of the Himalayan spirit in everyone and they can help you discover it and celebrate it here.
Staying with them is a hosted experience, where you come as a guest and leave as family. They make every effort to make you feel at home. A patron once described his experience as coming to a favourite grand relative’s home during school holidays, where you get to laze in cosy rooms, are pampered with home-made exotic food and bakes throughout the day. Where you are regaled with stories of the past, and from where you leave with a deeper understanding of culture, nature and history.
One can enjoy various activities at the property such as cooking and baking classes (for adults as well as children), explore the region with ‘Paila’, their curated tours and activities or take home a taste of Kalimpong with organic preserves and pickles and food hampers all created at their kitchen with local ingredients.
About the Location
Kalimpong is an east Indian hill town in the Himalayan foothills of West Bengal. Perched on a ridge above the Teesta River, it’s home to colonial-era buildings like MacFarlane Memorial Church, named after a Scottish missionary. South, the hilltop Durpin Monastery, or Zang Dhok Palri Phodang, contains sacred Buddhist scriptures. Deolo Park has landscaped gardens and offers views of the town and surrounding hills.
How to Reach
The following is an indication of driving time to get to the homestay from some of the
-Nearest airport Bagdogra – 3 ½ hours drive
-Nearest railway station NJP – 3 ½ hours drive
-Siliguri – 2 ½ hours drive
-Darjeeling – 3 hours drive
-Gangtok – 3 hours drive
-Kalimpong town – 30 minutes drive
Insider tip: Owing to road conditions and traffic, we would suggest that you keep
1 hour as buffer to the above mentioned timings.
As in most hilly terrains, the roads in certain places will be susceptible to
potholes or few stretches could be a little rough. However, the homestay is accessible
by vehicles till it’s property, even though about ½ km above the property the road
is not yet metalled.
Places of Interest
- Village walk around the property: We have identified few village walks originating from the homestay. These walks will take you through the adjoining villages and introduce you to the rural, rustic and peaceful life beyond the hustle-bustle of cities.
- Hiking through hotspots of Kalimpong: This first part of the hike will begin from the property and will take you uphill through villages and rural landscapes passing through an upcoming monastery and a local school. From there on we will take a short drive to Dealo, the highest point of Kalimpong.On reaching Dealo, we can walk across the ridge and if the weather is favourable, one can get a view of the majestic Kanchenjunga ranges.
- Hike to Relli River: Post breakfast you will be taken on a hike passing through rural landscape, forest areas and beautiful Himalayan villages. The first half of the walk would be downhill and you can get wonderful views of the hills and valley. Along the way you will get the chance to interact with local villages and enjoy the flora and
fauna. On reaching the Relli river, you will then start to walk upstream and may wish to
take a plunge in the numerous natural dip spots. If you come across any of the
local people fishing using nets, you could also give that a try. After walking for a
while, you reach Bidhyang where lunch will be served. Post lunch, you will cross a wooden hanging bridge and meet up with your vehicle which will get you back to the property.
- Cooking lessons: Apart from the lovely memories we bring back from each holiday, we are aware that many of us get hooked to the local cuisines and often painstakingly try YouTube videos at home. Nepali cuisines are known for their simplicity yet unique taste that lingers on for a long while. Since, Kalimpong hosts multi-cultural communities, our cuisines are a mix of Tibetan, Chinese, Indian along with the specialties of various sects of the Nepali community. At this homestay we invite our guests to join us to learn the secret recipes to authentic Nepali food that will be served. You could take no better souvenir to remind yourself of your visit to Kalimpong
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry.
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the homestay.
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment.
Full payment for the homestay needs to made 7 days prior to the arrival date.
All requests for cancellation has to be sent in writing through email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation before 7 Days of Check-In, they will receive 90% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation between 7 to 2 Days of Check-In, they will receive 50% of the amount paid, refunded back.
If the guest/s cancel their reservation within 1 Days of Check-In, there will be no refund.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days.
Ourguest.in provides readymade packages on its site. Just browse through the packages, choose the one you like, press send enquiry and enter your itinerary details like date of journey, number of persons and click submit. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.
Write to us at email@example.com or call our support number (+91 9734813101, +91 7031272572) between 9 am to 8 pm on all days. We will make changes accordingly if it is possible.
No. We are really sorry but currently we do not provide flight or train booking facilities
For tour package cancellations, please check the cancellation policy in the tour page. If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee. For Homestay cancellations, we provide full refund minus service charge (Rs 500) if the cancellation is made before 30 days of scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled arrival, the cancellation policy will be as per the respective property cancellation policies. We will provide you these details via email before you book with us.
Please browse through the Homestay page in our website and choose the one you like. Press send enquiry and enter the form details. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
Yes, OurGuest provides short weekend getaways as well as long tours. All our tours on the site are customizable and we can tailor it according to your requirements. Please check the tour package you like and mention your requirements in the send enquiry form. We will accordingly get in touch with you to help you design the tour package that suits you.
OurGuest mainly provides homestays, resorts, retreats and farmstays as our accommodation option. We believe our guests will enjoy their holidays better in these places vis-a-vis commercial hotels. We provide standard and premium stay arrangements depending upon your choice of package. If the guest wants to stay in a commercial hotel, we can likewise provide commercial hotel accommodation too.
Yes, you can customize your holiday package. Please write the details in the send enquiry form and we will get in touch with you. We will help you design the best package for you based on your requirements.