About the Tour
Explore Nagaland tour has been designed specially for our guests who are looking to explore the beautiful state of Nagaland and experience it’s rich culture. We have designed an experience that gives you the highlights of Nagaland but also takes you to the interiors, including an overnight trek to the stunning Dzukou Valley and shows you life as the Nagas live it. You also get a touch of culture and history, short treks and road trips, visits to the country side, culinary treats, and some breath taking views.
We believe this holiday will invigorate you and keep you wanting to come back for more!
- Dimapur Airport to Kohima
- Explore Kohima
- Khonoma Village
- Dzukou Valley Climb
- Kohima to Dimapur airport
TOUR ITINERARY AND POLICIES
Arrive at Dimapur airport and head up to Kohima
• Check in to your hotel in Kohima.
• Dinner will be organized at a restaurant in Kohima where our team will meet you and discuss your plans for the next few days.
Day tour of Kohima town
• Take a short walk down to the WWII Commonwealth Cemetery for our signature battle field tour.
• Have lunch at a café in town followed by a visit to the local market. (For the more adventurous, we take you to see the exotic food that the Nagas are famous for.)
• Post lunch, you can visit the Kohima Cathedral or the State Museum.
• Dinner at a local home in Kohima.
Guests can either have dinner at a restaurant in Kohima town or pre-order dinner at their hotel. You can let us know and we can place the order for you..
Day tour of Khonoma Village
• Take a guided walk through the village, followed by lunch at Dovipie inn (if you are interested you can take a walk down to the terraced fields of the village)
• Post lunch, you can visit the Mithun Sanctuary where you can spot the local Bison from where you can head on further to Dzulekie area for a picnic tea.
• Return to Kohima in the evening. Dinner at the hotel.
Highlights: The Dzukou Valley Climb
• Start your day with a leisurely breakfast at the hotel and then head out to town to buy your essentials like snacks for the treks to come. • Depart for your overnight trek to Dzukou Valley. (It is a 40 minute drive to the start point of your trek.) • Have a late packed lunch. • Reach your destination, set up your tents and spend the afternoon exploring the valley. • Have a simple camp dinner around a bon fire. • Early morning walk in the valley to view the sunrise. (The sun rises early here so you will need to be up early to see the sun rise.) • Have breakfast at the camp and return to the start point where your transport will be waiting for you with some hot tea. (Tent accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek and guide for the trek)
Depart from Kohima to Dimapur airport
• On the way down to Dimapur is a shop called Chapru where you can stop for a coffee and also to pick up some last minute stuff before heading home.
• Have a great flight back!
Accommodation in handpicked properties during the entire tour duration
Transportation on AC Toyota Innova/Mahindra Xylo (or similar vehicle)
Complimentary breakfast on all days. Other meals as specified in the itinerary (Veg/Non Veg preferences to be specified while booking)
Guided walks in Kohima, Khonoma Village. Guided trek to Dzukou Valley.
Tent accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner + bonfire during the Dzukou valley trek and guide for the trek.
All parking fees and entry fees included.
All permit fees and taxes included.
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment
Full payment for the tour package needs to made 7 days prior to the scheduled start date
If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee
If cancellations are made between 15 and 30 days prior to trip departure, 30% of total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee
If cancellations are made between 14 and 7 days prior to trip departure, 50% of total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee
If cancellations are made less than 7 days prior to trip departure, 100% of total booking amount will be charged. No refund
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
Yes, OurGuest provides short weekend getaways as well as long tours. All our tours on the site are customizable and we can tailor it according to your requirements. Please check the tour package you like and mention your requirements in the send enquiry form. We will accordingly get in touch with you to help you design the tour package that suits you.
After you make an initial payment, an automated message will come to your registered email id with the confirmation.
Yes, OurGuest provides information about the best destinations in Sikkim and North East India. Please write to us in our Contact page and our team will get in touch with to help you choose the best places.
Yes, you can customize your holiday package. Please write the details in the send enquiry form and we will get in touch with you. We will help you design the best package for you based on your requirements.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support number (+91 9734813101, +91 7031272572) between 9 am to 8 pm on all days. We will make changes accordingly if it is possible.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.
Please browse through the Homestay page in our website and choose the one you like. Press send enquiry and enter the form details. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.
For tour package cancellations, please check the cancellation policy in the tour page. If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee. For Homestay cancellations, we provide full refund minus service charge (Rs 500) if the cancellation is made before 30 days of scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled arrival, the cancellation policy will be as per the respective property cancellation policies. We will provide you these details via email before you book with us.
Yes, we help in getting travel permits for our guests.