Sikkim Off-beat Tour
About the Tour
Sikkim gives you the opportunity to be close to nature and enjoy the true essence of a slow paced town. Here’s a chance for you to experience authentic Sikkim with fun-filled activities such as a riverside picnic in the quaint forests of Dzongu, village walks for immersive cultural exploration, Gangtok guided walk by Younita, unwind at one of the most surreal villages of Sikkim – Gnathang Valley which is at an altitude of 14,000 ft or feel skittish on the winding roads of ‘Dzuluk Loops’ or learn to make momo with the host!
- Tsangu Lake
- Gnathang Valley
TOUR ITINERARY AND POLICIES
Bagdogra - Gangtok
Arrive to Gangtok by late evening after your pick up from the airport/train station.
You will be spending your night in Dorjeelee Homestay, one of the only traditional homestays in Gangtok.
Meal Plan: Complimentary Breakfast
Gangtok - Dzongu
Post breakfast drive to Dzongu late morning to arrive by lunchtime. Post lunch interactions with the hosts and some walks around the property. Today we will have an arrangement for a riverside excursion full with meals cooked at the site itself. We recommend walking as much as possible as it’s the best way to explore Dzongu. Activities for the day will include village walks leading to the river for some nice picnic meal cooked at the site and fishing if anyone is keen!
• River Side Picnic
• Hot Springs
• Upper Dzongu Explorations
Meal Plan: Complimentary Breakfast
Dzongu Local Explorations
• Depart for walks and a drive to explore the upper regions of the area. Post breakfast depart for an excursion to the Upper reaches of Dzongu cut off for the past 2 years by a Massive landslide.
• First a stopover to a natural sulphur hot spring known for their medical benefits. The area is lush and verdant so best to get off the vehicle and walk. A fresh meal will be arranged at a local home as hot springs can be quite relaxing but hunger pangs can set in quite unexpectedly. • For further explorations into upper Dzongu we can take a footbridge/raft at the river depending on the water level. Return to homestay by evening to some local millet beer!
Dzongu - Gangtok
• Post breakfast depart for a drive out to the eastern provinces of the capital city of Gangtok. A cosmopolitan hill town with a large variety of pubs, cafes, eateries and a bustling nightlife, Gangtok is great to reconnect literally with some high-speed internet and a chance to stock up on any supplies before heading out to the fringes again!
• Afternoon free to explore the main town of MG road and any last minute souvenir shopping etc. We recommend some excellent tea!
Your second accommodation in Gangtok will be Mazong House. Away from the noisy din but yet close to the market, Mazong House is the perfect stay before you head up to Gnathang.
Meal Plan: Complimentary Breakfast.
Gangtok - Gnathang via Tsangu & Kupup
• At approximately 12500 ft. Tsangu is a sacred lake and also one of the popular tourist destinations around Gangtok city. Driving time to Tsangu is approx. 2.5 hrs.
• Driving time to Tsangu Lake/ Nathula approx. 2.5 hrs.
• The drive will take you up from 5600 ft. to approx. 14,000 ft. in just 3.5 hrs when one reaches the Gnathang Valley!
• Post lunch at Gnathang, set out on foot exploring the high altitude meadows and enjoy the serene atmosphere.
This is the highest habitable region in Sikkim for tourists and is a surreal atmosphere to be in! Highlights
• Sherathang. (this is the mart where the Indo- China trade items are off loaded on the Indian side)
• Tsangu lake. (a sacred high altitude lake, and most popular tourist site for its scenic splendour)
• Nathu-la (The actual line of border territory between India and Chinese occupied Tibet also known as Tibet Autonomous Region). Rs 3000 extra charge for Nathula
• Baba Mandir. (A sacred site for the Indian Army Soldiers and the generally beautiful landscape)
Meal Plan: All meals complimentary.
Gnathang - Lingtam
• For those keen, an early morning walk to the War Memorial has stunning sunrise views and on a clear day, one can see as far as the Bhutan valley.
• Depart for the lower regions of Lingtham after a late breakfast and enjoy the drive as you wind your way through the famous ‘Dzuluk loops’- roads built and utilised as an old trading route between Sikkim and erstwhile Tibet.
• Arrive by lunch at the homestay here located in a quiet corner of the settlement.
Complimentary Breakfast & Dinner.
Lingtam - Airport/ Train Station
Depart for Airport/Train station at prescribed time to catch the onward journey.
Transport : Vehicle in good condition with a reliable and experienced driver
Meals as specified in the itineraries (Veg/Non Veg preferences to be specified while booking)
All parking fees and entry fees included.
Permit Fees included. GST @5% is not included in the cost.
You will receive a confirmation email/sms within 48 hours of booking inquiry
You will receive a payment link along with the confirmation mail. 50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package
You will receive a booking confirmation email/sms within 24 hours of successful payment
Full payment for the tour package needs to made 7 days prior to the scheduled start date
If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee
If cancellations are made between 15 and 30 days prior to trip departure, 30% of total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee
If cancellations are made between 14 and 7 days prior to trip departure, 50% of total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee
If cancellations are made between 3 and 6 days prior to trip departure, 75% of total booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee
If cancellations are made less than 3 days prior to trip departure, 100% of total booking amount will be charged. No refund
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 21 business days
Please browse through the Homestay page in our website and choose the one you like. Press send enquiry and enter the form details. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.
OurGuest mainly provides homestays, resorts, retreats and farmstays as our accommodation option. We believe our guests will enjoy their holidays better in these places vis-a-vis commercial hotels. We provide standard and premium stay arrangements depending upon your choice of package. If the guest wants to stay in a commercial hotel, we can likewise provide commercial hotel accommodation too.
No. We are really sorry but currently we do not provide flight or train booking facilities
For tour package cancellations, please check the cancellation policy in the tour page. If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to scheduled trip start date, you will get full refund minus Rs 500 service fee. For Homestay cancellations, we provide full refund minus service charge (Rs 500) if the cancellation is made before 30 days of scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled arrival, the cancellation policy will be as per the respective property cancellation policies. We will provide you these details via email before you book with us.
Yes, we help in getting travel permits for our guests.
Please select the tour package of your choice and mention the number of guests travelling in the send enquiry form. We will get back to you with the prices accordingly. In every tour package mentioned on OurGuest’s website, the prices reduce as the number of people increases.
50% advance payment needs to be made to book the tour package. For homestay booking, guests need to pay 20% advance if they are booking 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. Within 30 days of scheduled stay, guests need to pay full amount to book the accommodation.
Yes, OurGuest provides information about the best destinations in Sikkim and North East India. Please write to us in our Contact page and our team will get in touch with to help you choose the best places.
Yes, you can customize your holiday package. Please write the details in the send enquiry form and we will get in touch with you. We will help you design the best package for you based on your requirements.
Ourguest.in provides readymade packages on its site. Just browse through the packages, choose the one you like, press send enquiry and enter your itinerary details like date of journey, number of persons and click submit. We will get back to you within 48 hours with the details and provide you the payment link.