Lachung Travel Tips
- Please get your permits made before hand from your travel agent
- If you are visiting Gurudongmar Lake, then you need to stay in Lachen and not Lachung
- It is a good idea to visit Lachen first and then Lachung. This is because many times guests want to return to Gangtok on the same evening and Gurudongmar lake is a much more tiring journey than Yumthang Valley.
- It is best to spend two nights in Lachen and two nights in Lachung. It will be a comfortable holiday.
- Please get warm clothes with you and you can expect some electricity problems in the winter. Hence check with your homestay/hotel for generator backup.
- The town is approximately 125 kilometres (78 miles) from the capital Gangtok.
- Rhododendron flowers bloom during spring time in Yumthang valley (Mid April to May)